WHAT IS IT?
DataVault™ is a custom built intelligent computer program running on our own purpose built server(s) which can be configured to navigator through any web site extracting useful information from pages that it encounters.
These types of computer program are often called web spiders and are similar to those used by search engines like Google, however where ours is different is that it has been developed to look for, and extract key data from web sites like product images, statistics or price information.
You can therefore tell us what sites contain information you are particularly interested in, and we can use DataVault™ to regularly, and automatically obtain that data and provide it to you in a convenient format of your choice (i.e. Excel, csv)
Speak to us about how you can enhance your DataVault™ experience by adding any of the following features to your package:
- Alerts sent when your competitors prices shift
- Reports on your price position and competitiveness
- RSS feed of your data
- High frequency data acquisition
- Custom development
The big picture
Our data mining and consolidation service that we call DataVault™ Combine is an add on service to DataVault™ Crawl, allowing you to view the data collected from many different source websites in one consolidated format, in turn enabling you to identify opportunities and trends that can help you to achieve your strategic objectives.
Spot Opportunities and Trends
Need to view all products across your business sector and their average prices? Want to see all the main brands and current stock levels? DataVault™ Combine can do this and more.
Imagine being able to selectively crawl product data from the internet and identify what your main competitors are retailing all grouped together by brand or product range, including prices and current promotions – why not request a free sample.
Typical customer scenarios
- a retailer who wants to gather insight into the products, pricing structure and discounts offered by their competitors
- a purchaser wanting to regularly compare supplier prices, inventory and shipping costs in order to reduce unnecessary expense.
- you have used DataVault™ Crawl to collect data from five different websites including product and price information but want to group everything by common product categories irrespective of the company that they belong to i.e. all widgets grouped by widget type and sorted by price from company A, B and C